CRM 2011? Online?

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

This appears to be a great tool but is there any chance it is going to be updated for CRM 2011 Online?

Developer
Jul 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Unfortunately I don't have access to CRM 2011 yet. If someone can offer access to an instant I would be more then happy to upgrade the code to work with CRM 2011 as well. 

Pete

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I know you can get a 30 day trial of 2011 Online but I don't know if you need On-Premise to update the code.

Developer
Jul 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

The Online Trial Version suggestion did not work out, but another user of the project emailed me and offered to host a CRM 2011 for a few weeks for us, so I will be looking into CRM 2011 in the next few days to see if I can create a separate CRM 2011 Branch to the Project Source Code in order to upgrade. 

Pete

Developer
Jul 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Good news! I finished upgrading the code to support CRM 2011. You can now download the new version 2.0.1.0 from here:

http://crmattachdownload.codeplex.com/downloads/get/463449

The previous version 1.2.0.0 is also still available for CRM 4.0 users, just in case. 

Pete

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Great job!  Did you have to make many changes?  Now if I could only find a solution that would work for Online, i'd be all set.

Developer
Jul 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM

The overall structure of the code stayed the same, but since Microsoft has changed a lot of the namespaces and methods it took quite a bit of changing. The high level list of changes to the SDK include:

• Getting the context and target is slightly more complex
  • Properties has become Attributes
  • Queries no longer require string or object arrays
  • Accessing the service is done through a Factory class
  • You no longer have to specify that you want dynamic entities
  • BusinessEntities have just become Entities
  • Treat dynamic entities the same as any other entity
  • No longer a need for a TargetUpdateDynamic object
  • Native C# data types

You are more then welcome to look at the new source code under the "Source Code" Tab above to see the exact changes. :)

Pete